Sunday, March 13, 2011

...Enter the idea of Insulin Pumping...

...alot has happened since my last entry.   We started "bolusing" breakfast, lunch, and dinner; then ended up dropping her nighttime Lantus shot & added that dose to the am Lantus shot....So, this all equals having 4 shots a day.  Sydney is NOT happy with getting 4 shots a day  :o(   

We spoke with the Endo about an insulin pump & they said that we could apply at ANY time....So, alot of talking happened, alot of research on insulin pumps, a few calls to the insurance company....and about 4 weeks later....We have a large box containing all the items needed to start pumping.    I am amazed at how fast & smooth the process of obtaining a pump was.    It took the insurance company a mere 6 days to contact the pump company to approve her insulin pump.   yah insurance company....  :o)

Now that we have this "box" of items.....I think that I may have some cold feet....I have so many questions & am ready to start researching more.   That is what I do...haha.   I educate myself as much as humanly possible on something & then pray that God will lead me to the right decision.  

We likely won't have pumping classes until after April 15th....my husband has to be out of town twice between now & then....and I really don't want to tackle this by myself  :o)   I will be calling to set up our "corrections classes" on Tuesday....probably a good idea that we aren't doing both at the same time...might cause some brain overload  :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment