Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...What's Going On...

...Been doing quite a bit of studying the last few days on Diabetes and pump management.  I have a good feeling; beginning be more optimistic & confident that our transition to pumping will be ok.....I realize that the transition can be somewhat stressful...but, how can that be different than any other day in our D-Life???  Just different stress....and it too will pass, we will learn all the little tricks of pumping & hopefully, Syd's numbers will be more consistent....it may just take us a bit to get there.   I can deal with that, and I am sure that Syd can deal with less pokes & better numbers  :o)

Tonight I worked on planning a "fun" day for Sydney on Saturday....We are going to go to Kaleidescope in Kansas City & then plan on eating  lunch at Crayola Cafe....should be a good time  :o)   We have to be at Children's Mercy at 1:30pm for our pump start.....gonna be a busy day, but gonna try and fit as many smiles as possible into it...

Sydney is pretty excited about starting her pump & not having to do 4 shots a day...her favorite part seems to be...NOT having to do the "butt" shot...lol.   She is a little concerned that the pump will "hurt"....I wish that I could take ALL of her worries & "hurts" away.   Her little mind shouldn't have to worry, her little body shouldn't have to have so many little hurts......She should be able to be a kid, and not have to have soooo MANY responsibilities.

She makes me sooo proud everyday  :o)  

3 comments:

  1. Awww. It is a big transition. *hugs* Brandan got AT LEAST 6 shots a day. Day 2 with insulin in his pump I sat down next to him and pushed the buttons on the meter/remote to deliver the bolus. He hugged me and said thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...That is sooo sweet...and it made me cry. Hoping the transition goes well. Thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you guys will do great! Learning the pump is sooo worth it :) let us know how she is doing :)

    ReplyDelete