Sunday, January 1, 2012

...Remember When.

I remember when....

Sydney was 2 years old and would chew me out...with out saying words, she would point her little fingers and say "dodoooo, da doooo, daa, daaa, daaaAAAA!!!!".  I would try not to laugh because she was so, so serious.  I knew in those days that she was a very strong and determined little girl.

I remember when...

I was having a "bad mommy" day a few years ago & was asking God..."Why did you make me a mom???  Because I didn't think that I was doing a good job..."  Sydney was being very stubborn that day...the house was a mess...I was so frustrated.  Then.....out of the blue Sydney walked up to me...pulled on my shirt & said as a question..."Momma, I am your Sunshine?"  It melted my heart & I knew that God was answering me in that little question.

I remember when....

I was driving home from her Well Child check in St. Joseph with my Sunshine girl on September 10th, 2010.....I was trying so hard to be strong.  We were going home to get clothes & other things to head to Childrens Mercy.  So, many things were going through my head.  I talked with my best friends on the way...crying, sobbing quietly so that Sydney would not wake up & hear me....  Trying to be strong...trying to be her foundation to know that everything would be alright.   That day......wow, that day...I remember that day...every moment...every sentence...That day that changed our world forever.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Betty,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...my email is listed on this page. My blog is open....haven't posted in a looonnnggg time...Thank you for reminding me it was still here....Life gets busy, busy :o)

    ReplyDelete