Thursday, December 8, 2011

....deep breaths.

...Yesterday a friend told me that a young family member of theirs was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes last week.  My eyes welled up with tears....a 4 year old baby.  I took a deep breath, collected my thoughts....and then started trying to think of something, anything to have her tell the parents that would make this devastating news easier.

...I gave her my phone number for them & told her to have them call me.  I scratched a bunch of notes on a piece of paper...a torn piece of envelope...  All the while holding back tears, my chest aching to cry....just to let go & cry....one of those hard cries that don't really help...but somehow make you feel better.  What can "I" tell this family to help...  I told her to tell them it will get easier, it will get easier the more that they educate themselves...  I told her to tell them when it gets to be too much...take a breath, say a prayer, and know that their baby, this situation is in God's hands... I left my friend with a heavy heart...saying a silent prayer in my head for this family...for this child...

I wish that I could take this away from their baby....from my baby....but I can't....Darn IT....I can't...

But...what I can do...    I can pray everyday...I can HOPE for a Cure.  I can assist this family in anyway that I possibly can.  I can tell them little things that helped me out.  I Hope that I can make a difference for them...I Hope that I can somehow make this easier for them...  I HOPE that I can somehow lessen this heaviness in their heart....

I HOPE that God can lessen this heaviness in mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment