Saturday, November 3, 2012

....being Thankful

Being "thankful" about Type 1 Diabetes is a hard thing to do.   But....when I think about how much Life has changed since Diabetes entered Sydney's Life...there are some things that I am very thankful for:

1.  Sydney was diagnosed "early" in the process of her cells being destroyed, so her little body never got sick...had not yet been damaged like some children.  She was diagnosed without it being a life threatening situation.

2.  I am thankful and more appreciative of the amazing insurance plan that I do have at work.  Before having a chronic illness on the plan...I really didn't understand how "good" our insurance really is.

3.  I am thankful for the opportunity to see how strong my Sunshine girl is....she amazes me more and more each day.

4.  I am thankful for how much my Faith has grown in the past few years.  I am trying everyday to trust that God has a plan....and a reason.  I am trusting that He is carrying me through most days...I couldn't do this alone.

5.  I am thankful for the realization that I might be a pretty strong person.  My confidence in myself, my abilities as a mom, fundraiser, nurse, artificial pancreas, and so much more....grows everyday.  Of course somedays T1 tends to knock me down....but, I do get back up...

6.  I am thankful for the amazing friends I have gained from this experience....friends in every state, country, and territory that you could imagine.  You guys are amazing and "there" living this Life also...you know...you KNOW. 

7.  I am thankful for the opportunity to have such an amazing Endo team at Childrens Mercy....I hear such horrible stories from other families....I feel very blessed to have such a caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable "team".

8.  I am thankful for the opportunity to expand my knowledge and others about Type 1 Diabetes.  I knew practically nothing....and now...I feel like a walking medical book.  My goal is to make sure those who are around Sydney "know" what to do if she needs assistance.  My goal is also to ensure that parents, friends, etc know the signs and symptoms of what Type 1 Diabetes is....a missed diagnosis can mean death.  If I can prevent the sickness or death of a child.....any and all efforts I have made to educate others is worth it.

9.  I am thankful every moment....because my child is happy.  With everything on her plate....she smiles, she laughs, she is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment