Sunday, April 10, 2011

...How, why.....does this little machine now control our Life????

A poke, a drop of blood........5, 4, 3, 2, 1.........?????

Sometimes those 5 seconds feel like at eternity....waiting to see what Sydney's blood sugar is going to be.   Did we figure her carbs right?  Did I give her too much or too little insulin?  Should I have adjusted her insulin?  Do I have anything on me, if she is low?   What if she is high? Should I check for keytones?  Is this going to get better with a pump?  Will she be able to have that snack that she asked for?  Why oh why does my daughter have to do this? 

These & the other 500 questions that run through my head while waiting for those 5 little seconds to pass....

3 comments:

  1. I agree... that 5 seconds takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!

    I just found your blog on the list in T1 parents... I am so glad I looked at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls...nice to "meet" you too :o)

    ReplyDelete